At the end of 2018, I accidently deleted my blog (The Daring Life) and I have had to restart everything from scratch because I didn’t back it up (my bad!)
Although it has been an absolute headache, it has given me a chance to evaluate what I want, my vision and goals for The Daring Life. Therefore, I have decided to go with my instinct and be more authentic and open in my posts.
With that being said, I thought I would do an introduction post where I tell you some fun facts about me and the story behind how The Daring Life came to life.
I’m Nadine – I’m 29, a happy hour lover, obsessed with art, creative brain and blogger. In the day, I work as a benefits assessor for a council and writing blog posts for TDL. Away from this, I’m often snuggling my dog, shopping, drawing, working on my little side hustle, Positivity Mail or spending time with my family.
10 Facts About Me
- I have 2 pets – a cat called Elmo and a Border Terrier pooch called Milo. Elmo is the oldest at nearly 15 years old! Milo is still a baby and turns 2 in March 2019.
- I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in 2012 with a degree in Contemporary Fine Art. My favourite artists are Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat and photographer Martin Parr.
- I’m an only child and since moving back to Northampton in 2016, I spend quite a lot of time on my own. I am on a mission to rebuild a social life in the town I grew up in as I love being around others. Coffee date anyone?
- I went through a really hard time between 2015 and 2017 which consisted of a couple of breakups, debt, weight gain, shit friends and a family crisis. When I tell you I can relate to your story, I probably can.
- I’ve been blogging for nearly 11 years (showing my age now!) for different sites, brands and even magazines. I have seen so many changes within the blogging community and always wonder how it will grow.
- I love watching history documentaries about Britain and documentaries about amazing landmarks around the world. I have deep down always wanted to be a TV presenter! I have so much respect for those that grind on Youtube and their bravery to put themselves out there!
- I have a mega-diverse family. My dad is Jamaican, my granddad is Bajan (Barbados), his wife is Egyptian and my Grandma and her husband are British. I am super proud of having a multi-cultural family and absolutely LOVE being a black woman.
- I have an addiction to stationery, especially notebooks. This all started when I used to work at Paperchase as a student! I miss the discount!
- I love to sew, paint and create! I’m always learning new skills like crocheting, knitting, pottery and even marbling! I love all things creative!
- I started a business called Positivity Mail – a snail mail subscription service aimed to motivate, inspire and help you uplevel. All the letters are hand designed, printed and sent with love.
About The Daring Life
The Daring Life started out as a private project when I was going through a bit of a bad patch. I was depressed, lonely and feeling pretty worthless. I have a never ending bucket list and hardly any of the items ticked off. I knew I needed a change, so I started reading and taking courses on everything; writing a blog, becoming an influencer, becoming a business coach, running a business, coding, law of attraction – the list goes on.
With all this information, The Daring Life was born and I started using this blog as a kind of research base of becoming the best version of myself.
Although this is a lifestyle blog and most posts will be based on personal experiences, The Daring Life will also be a hub for advice and life lessons on living your best life, growing through what you go through and being your amazing, authentic, badass self.
Ethics + Goals
I talk a lot about my personal experiences – It’s my space to feel open and honest about my life – past, present and future. I also hope to inspire others to be open and authentic about their own lives.
With that being said, I’m not a qualified therapist or counsellor (yet) so anything discussed on this blog is my opinion or in line with my own ethics and beliefs.
As mentioned earlier, The Daring Life is a lifestyle blog but I also talk a lot about The Magic Three – or the three big fuckups as I refer to them in my journal. The Magic Three are money, love and health. These are the 3 things that we often find a lack of in our lives and when we balance those, we feel fulfilled and happy with our lives. These are the 3 main areas I am constantly trying to improve daily and want to share with others.
I love to collab with brands, businesses and influencers but only if it fits within the ethics and beliefs of myself and The Daring Life brand. I love working with bloggers the most regardless of their success! If you fancy working together, hit me up here!
Hopefully, this post has given you a bit more insight about me and the blog.
Thank you so much for reading my blog, supporting my social posts and for generally being an amazing human.
Cheers to growth, fun, travel, advice and positive vibes!